We believe we are called to walk with a purpose and share God's love by providing clean water initiatives and empowering communities.
We are a US-based non-profit organization working to empower communities in Nicaragua. Walking with a Purpose is about community building and relationship building. We want to meet people where they are and help them get to where they want to be.
- 1 in 11 citizens lack access to safe drinking water
- Over 75% of Nicaraguan people live on less than $2 per day
- 48% of Nicaraguan citizens live under the poverty line
- Nicaragua is considered the poorest country in Central America, with high rates of poverty and unemployment
- Nicaragua has one of the youngest populations in the world
- The median age of Nicaraguan citizens is 21
- Only 29% of Nicaraguans finish the mandated six years of schooling